Halwa is a single file static site generator written in Python. It’s light-weight and the only dependencies are jinja2, hamlish-jinja, and markdown.
Using Halwa is as easy as it should be; install it, then create a configuration file and point Halwa to it!
Halwa is organized around two main things, content and processors. A piece of content is a data source (static HTML, HAML, or Markdown) which is eventually converted into an output page (or pages). Halwa uses the following workflow:
- Initialize a global data dictionary.
- Load each piece of content specified in sources.
- Run each of the processors specified in processors, generating output that goes into the data dictionary.
- Update each piece of content with the contents of the data dictionary.
- Render each piece of content, writing it out to the output folder.