Hyde is a static website generator written in python. While Hyde took life as awesome Jekyll’s evil twin, it has since been completely consumed by the dark side and has an identity of its own.
Hyde desires to fulfill the lofty goal of removing the pain points involved in creating and maintaining static websites.
- Support for powerful template languages like Jinja2 complemented with custom tags and filters.
- Rich object model and overridable hierarchical metadata thats available for use in templates.
- Configurable sorting, tagging and grouping support.
- Extensible plugin architecture with text preprocessing and HTML postprocessing support for complex content transformations.
- Instant preview using built-in webserver that regenerates content if needed.