Simple, composable static site generator inspired by Boot task model and Metalsmith. Perun is a collection of Boot tasks/plugins that you can chain together and build something custom that suits your needs.
Everything in Perun is build like independent task. The simplest blog engine will look like:
(deftask build "Build blog."  (comp (markdown) (render :renderer renderer)))
But if you want to make permalinks, generate sitemap and rss feed, hide unfinished posts, add time to read to each post then you will do:
(deftask build "Build blog."  (comp (markdown) (draft) (ttr) (slug) (permalink) (render :renderer renderer) (sitemap :filename "sitemap.xml") (rss :title "Hashobject" :description "Hashobject blog" :link "http://blog.hashobject.com") (atom-feed :title "Hashobject" :subtitle "Hashobject blog" :link "http://blog.hashobject.com") (notify)))
There are plenty of Boot plugins that can be useful in the when you are using perun:
- boot-http - serve generated site locally using web server
- boot-gzip - gzip files
- boot-s3 - sync generated site to the Amazon S3
- boot-less - task to compile Less to CSS
- boot-sassc - task to compile Sass to CSS
- boot-garden - task to compile Garden stylesheets to CSS
- boot-autoprefixer - add vendor prefixes to your CSS
- boot-reload - live-reload of browser css, images, etc.